The Business Innovation Facility (BIF) aims to support the development of a vibrant commercial market for quality solar products to increase access for people living in poverty.The household solar product Business Dialogue Forum was convened by BIF at the Imani Development office in Blantyre on 16th June 2016. It brought together key businesses in the market, with the purpose of:
- Sharing information about the Energy Africa campaign
- Gathering insights and understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the market
- Sharing preliminary findings of an off-grid lighting demand-side survey
- Assessing interest in production of a household solar supply-side study
- Considering the value and design of a focused household solar industry group
This Summary Report captures the key discussions at the event. The accompanying Forum presentation is also available.